Ola Sage, CEO
An entrepreneur at heart, Ola founded her first Information Technology (IT) professional services company in 1999, growing it until a successful exit in 2018. As a champion and advocate for cybersecurity readiness, she frequently meets with and speaks to business groups and CEOs about cybersecurity and has testified to Congress on issues around cybersecurity insurance, the impact of the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act on small and mid-sized companies (SMBs), and expanded liability protections for small businesses that participate in voluntary information sharing with the federal government.
Ola holds the Federal Chief Information Officers (CIO) certificate and earned the Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certification through ISACA, an international association of IT professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management, and governance. She obtained her master’s degree in Technology Management from George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
- 2017 Gold Stevie® Award, Computer Services Category, The American Business Awards
- 2014, Montgomery County Maryland Business Hall of Fame Inductee
- 2013 Washington Business Journal Minority Business Leader Award
- 2013 George Mason University‘s Top 20 Prominent Patriots
- 2012 Smart CEO Brava Women’s Leadership Award
- 2010 Women in Technology (WIT) Leadership Award
- 2008 “25 Powerful Minority Women in Business,” the Minority Enterprise Executive Council
- November 15, 2017 “Federal Government and Small Businesses: Promoting Greater Information Sharing For Stronger Cybersecurity”, Committee on Small Business, United States House of Representatives.
- June 15, 2016 ”The Cybersecurity Act of 2015: Industry Perspectives”, Committee on Homeland Security, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies, US House of Representatives.
- March 19, 2015 “Examining the Evolving Cyber Insurance Marketplace,” Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, Insurance, and Data Security, US Senate.
- November 8, 2018 “Tips & Tricks for Small Business Cybersecurity Framework Implementation,” NIST Cybersecurity Risk Management Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- October 28, 2018 “Cybersecurity Threats Facing Law Firms: Best Practices to Reduce Risk,” 59th Conference of Bar Presidents, National Harbor, MD.
- August 8, 2018 “Hacked – Cybersecurity: Biggest Security Threats to Your Business,” The Power Conference, Rockville, MD.
- May 4, 2018 “Technology and the Disappearing Cost Curve,” AICPA CFO Conference, New York, NY.
- October 12, 2017, “Accessing Available Cybersecurity Resources,” American Small Business Cybersecurity Xchange, Silver Spring, MD.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Information & Communications Technology Supply Chain Risk Management Task Force, Executive Committee Member, Department of Homeland Security
- IT Sector Coordinating Council, Executive Committee Member
- Dean’s Advisory Council, George Mason University School of Business
- Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation, Board Secretary
- Cybersecurity Association of Maryland (CAMI)
- Cybersecurity Roundtable, Maryland Department of Commerce
- Project Management Institute
- Vistage International
Ingrid Shipton, Director of Cybersecurity
Ingrid is an integral part of the CyberRx team, enabling the delivery of high-quality services and positive client experiences with our CyberRx risk and compliance assessment tool. She works collaboratively with clients, partners, and re-sellers to develop, manage, and execute their goals. Prior to CyberRx, Ingrid held senior positions at Wapack Labs, Deloitte, VeriSolv Technologies, and Axxum Technologies, among others. Ingrid holds an M.S in Management of Secure Information Systems from George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, an M.A. in Linguistics from Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, and a B.A. in French and German from Elmira College, Elmira, NY.
Charlie Platt – Senior Director
Charlie serves as a cybersecurity technical expert for CyberRx clients, performing “fitness reviews”, risk assessments and other technical services. Charlie holds a masters degree in cybersecurity and management, and is a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), an EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), and also certified in software development and database technology.
Charlie’s experience includes working with large government organizations, such as The Dept. of State, Freddie Mac, NASA and The Smithsonian Institution, as well as commercial enterprises from small, local businesses to large multinational corporations.